Wednesday 9 July 2014

Top 5 Summer(ish) Highstreet Nail Varnishes

Top 5 Summer Nail Varnishes

L-R: Blueberry, Marshmallow Heaven, Rose Libertine, Watermelon, Bahama Mama
Hello!

I was brainstorming some post ideas and I thought that this would be a fun one to do. I don't have the money to go and get regular manicures and pedicures so I always do my own nails. To be honest though I find it quite a thereputic process but to always paint my nails and realise that there is something really important I need to do, is that just me? Anyway let's get started..



1. Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Blueberry 


The Gelly Hi-Shines have made a huge impression on the blogging world for their great colour range, affordable price and glossy finish. I have to say I do have far too many of these nail varnishes but at only around £3.99 a time they aren't breaking the bank. Blueberry is a lovely pastel sky blue colour and adds a real holiday vibe to any outfit. I think it looks really nice on both fingers and toes and especially when paired with other bright colours.


2. Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Watermelon

Yes another Gelly Hi-Shine but Watermelon certainly doesn't disappoint. It is a great wearable dark green, which might seem an unusual choice for a summer nail varnish but hear me out. I think this darker colour looks great on your toes particularly if you are a bit of a colour-phobe or is your nails aren't in good condition. I find darker colours are way more forgiving in this respect- but remember to use a base coat!

3. Rimmel Lasting Finish in Marshmallow Heaven

This is a lovely purple which really is a must in any summer nail varnish collection. There are many of these on the high-street but I particularly like this one because it is more of a purple that a pastel which on my pale skin I think is way more flattering.


4. Essie Bahama Mama

This nail varnish is my all time favorite. Essie nail varnishes are hugely hyped up and with good reason. Although more expensive than the others (around £8) the nail varnishes are just beautiful quality and with a staying power which, in my opinion, far exceeds that of the Gelly Hi-Shines. Bahama Mama is quite a complex color, in some lights it's a purple in others more red. Day to night in summer and winter I think it looks amazing, I just love it. 

5. Rimmel 60 Seconds in Rose Libertine

If you're not into brights then that's fine. Rose Libertine is such a classic and elegant colour. It's a pinky coral which usually I avoid but I just think it looks so flattering! These nail varnishes also have a really glossy finish. 

What are your favorite summer colours? 

El x

No comments:

Post a Comment